If you want to know anything, most probably you will use the Google Search engine for that. However, often you do not get accurate results. Google is the largest search engine. It has billions of pages. That’s why we are going to tell you some easy tips with the help of which you can easily find any information.
Google Search – Use this tips and tricks
Using ‘Site:’ Keyword
- If you just want to read articles on a particular website, it is very easy. Many websites do not provide accurate information. So we are looking for one such special website. So you can read articles using a keyword on the same site. For this you have to search ‘keyword site: example.com’. For example, if you search for ‘battleground site:techiffy.com’, you’ll only see articles about ‘battleground’ related articles from Techiffy.com
Delete any website from search
- If you do not want a particular website to appear in your search results, you can use the minus (-) sign. Search for ‘battleground -site:techiffy.com’. You will no longer see it in site search from techiffy.com.
Searching for files with specific extension like doc, pdf, txt etc.
- Google Search engine also stores the files in multiple format like doc, pdf, txt etc.. However, when you search, you will not find those specific files. In this case, you can use ‘keyword file type: <extension>’ to search for specific files.
- Example –
- “test filetype:pdf” – It will show all pdf files from google search engine containing text “test”.
- “hello filetype:txt” – It will show all text files from google search engine containing text “hello”.
Exact word search
- You can use the double quotes for searching websites having exact words using double quotes.
- Example –
- “test” – This will show the result of all website containing keyword “test”
- “test” + “2021” – This will show the result of all website containing both keyword i.e. “test” & “2021”
Using asterisk (*) sign for the word that you don’t remember
- Many times it happens that you will remember the first and last word that you want to search but you will forget the middle words. Also, there are many instance where you want to search for multiple sentences that start and end with specific word. In such cases, you can use the asterisk (*) sign.
- Example –
- How * you – It will show the result having some words between “How” and “you” like “How are you”, “How would you” etc.
- What * you – It will show the result having some words between “What” and “you” like “What do you”, “What are you” etc.